Self-studying Vietnamese

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Have you ever been to Vietnam before ^_^ ?

o0onyto0o
Site Owner

Have you ever been to Vietnam before ^_^ ? Or will you plan to visit Vietnam soon? ^_^

What impressed you the most ^_^? ( the traffic flow in Vietnam? ^_^ Crossing a street in Vietnam is a really nice challenge, right? ^_^)

What kind of food will you recommend to anyone, who will visit Vietnam soon?

Were there any beautiful places that you could not forget? ^_^

Please tell us anything or experiences that you want to share with us when you was in Vietnam? ^_^

November 10, 2012 at 8:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Peter

I have been to Vietnam a couple of times. At first I do not understand the language, but now i can understand  a little bit.

Di an choi o vietnam co vui lam. Toi song gan Cho Ben Thanh HCM. O do co nhieu tiem an ngon va, gan do co mot shopping centre, goi la Saigon Square. Ban co the di Saigon square mua ao quan. Di bo va qua duong phai can thanh; dong xe. Co nhieu xe may qua. 

Well, it has been 6 months since i learn vietnamese through various websites (including your youtube lessons) and books. I hope I have been a good student. Please correct any of my mistake abv. I am sure I have made a mistake somewhere.

November 15, 2012 at 12:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Doctor Tran

Peter at November 15, 2012 at 12:38 AM

I have been to Vietnam a couple of times. At first I do not understand the language, but now i can understand  a little bit.

Di an choi o vietnam co vui lam. Toi song gan Cho Ben Thanh HCM. O do co nhieu tiem an ngon va, gan do co mot shopping centre, goi la Saigon Square. Ban co the di Saigon square mua ao quan. Di bo va qua duong phai can thanh; dong xe. Co nhieu xe may qua. 

Well, it has been 6 months since i learn vietnamese through various websites (including your youtube lessons) and books. I hope I have been a good student. Please correct any of my mistake abv. I am sure I have made a mistake somewhere.

Wow your vietnamese is excellent. I am impress. There is a VPS Keys software to help you type the accent marks... unfortunately, it is hard to find this software... anyways, you may want to try using the marks more often, because a few people can not read vietnamese without those marks or they could misunderstand the meaning... that's one of the fun thing about vietnamese language. Miss Yen, can I suggest you do some of these? To keep it fun.

November 20, 2012 at 5:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

o0onyto0o
Site Owner

Doctor Tran at November 20, 2012 at 5:58 PM

Peter at November 15, 2012 at 12:38 AM

Wow your vietnamese is excellent. I am impress. There is a VPS Keys software to help you type the accent marks... unfortunately, it is hard to find this software... anyways, you may want to try using the marks more often, because a few people can not read vietnamese without those marks or they could misunderstand the meaning... that's one of the fun thing about vietnamese language. Miss Yen, can I suggest you do some of these? To keep it fun.

Yeah ^_^,

It's a really nice idea ^_^. I'll find some and post them soon ^_^.

--

December 5, 2012 at 12:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Poonpalung

I've been to Vietnam 4 times. Actually I included Vietnam into my trip but I cant make it. (car sick in Laos after long riding on winding road) I just the beginner of Vietnamese studying. The first time I speak Vietnamese was during my trip in Ninh Binh in the past 2 years by using phrasebook of Lonely Planet. It's good to be able to communicate with people there. I know that my accent is not correct but people there try to listen and understand me. Can't tell what is the most impression in Vietnam but I would say I love to travel there. Normally I enter into Vietnam by plane but next time I will try to enter Vietnam through Laos or Cambodia border on land. Sorry this is not quite related to Vietnamese studing, just want to share my idea about Vietnam :-)

December 11, 2012 at 9:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Helen

i have been only once, last year, and loved the people I met. Halong Bay and Hoi An were our favourite places. I have made friends and I am now in touch with many friends through fb who I help with their English and they help me with Vietnamese. I have only had 3 lessons so I have a lot to learn. i have met a Phd student in my home town in Australia who is teaching me her language. I am very lucky to have met her. I made an offer last year to a Vietnamese company to host one of their employees here for a holiday if the employer pays the flight as an award- the board is considering this so fingers crossed! Nice to meet you and I hope to see lots of activity on this site as I can see the host has made huge efforts to get this website happening - cam on rhat neiu! (I think!)

May 4, 2013 at 7:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.