Self-studying Vietnamese

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Let's Introduce Ourselves ^_^

o0onyto0o
Site Owner

We all can introduce about ourselves at here ^_^.

Let's make friends with each other ^_^. It'll be really nice to have friends around the world, right ^_^ ?

Moreover, it'll be more fun to have friends to practice Vietnamese with ^_^.

Good luck ^_^.

November 10, 2012 at 8:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Zorro_Wolfe89

Hello ! My name is Yolanda but I prefer Zorro for online. I've had a thing for the Vietnamese language since I was a young teen. I used to know someone who was Vietnamese-Scottish and she would sometimes share some words she knew. When I lost contact with her I always remembered her by being interested in Vietnamese.

It was lot different than what I here in shops near me and it was a language no one I knew wanted to study. I tried to study it when I was 18 but the software I used was so old and really made learning difficult. I gave up for that time. I still remembered little phrases but I never emembered their meaning. As I grew up the  urge to know got strong and so this year in June I decided I needed to learn this language. I didn't want to learn French, I didn't want to learn German. I wanted to learn Vietnamese.

I ran across a program called L-Lingo and it was affordable and would work on Linux. I was very excited to finally get started. I had studied 1-12hrs some days as I tried to hear the speaker, memorise the words, and leanr to read and associatie the words. I was having fun even though I was tired and my voice was giving out on me from practicing the unique signed words. I eventually slowed down to give my self a break, but continued watching cooking shows, LGBT plays and listening to songs to study passively to. Then one day on youtube I ran across the Self Study tutorials. Out of curiousity I checked out the alpahbet one. Then I checked the next, and the next. So on and so forth. I said to myself I can do this.

That was 4 weeks or so ago and I still practice as much as I can. The way the lessons are taught really helped me to catch on to some mistakes I was still making. It also helped strengthen what I had already somewhat knew. But not only that. She helped explain questions I had but couldn't ask at the time. Suffice to say. I'm thankful for your lessons. And I enjoyed and still enjoy going back over them and wish you luck in whatever you do.

I apologize for the very long introduction. I am not known for speaking short. That's one of the reasons why I struggle with sentence making. That's ok. I'll get it eventually!

--

- I am the wind who helps carries the seeds. I am the shadow behind the shining stars. I like it this way- Me

November 11, 2012 at 2:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

DARKSEEDERS

xin chAO CAC BAN,TEN LA DONALD.MINH DA CON HOC TIENG VIET CHO NAM ROUI ROI.TOI CON VAN CO GANG THOE MINH DE HOC NAY,NHUNG IM TRYING TO LEARN MORE CONJUNTION WORDS OF VETNAMESEE.

November 11, 2012 at 11:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Helen

Hii everyone. I am a beginner - three lessons only - so far behind all of you I am sure. I have friends in Vietnam who ask me to help them with their English so I thought I would learn Vietnamese. I am loving it and hope that I will be able to follow my friend's messages in Vietnamese in time as the google/bing translator is not very effective. Hihi. I emigrated from England to Australia 24 years ago with my family - best decision we ever made. ��

May 4, 2013 at 7:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.